Our Sponsors! We love you! Thank you very much!
Archive for September, 2014
We are ready! GHTC 2014 will feature 127 papers, 28 “lightning” talks, 14 poster presentations and keynote speakers from around the world to discuss and develop solutions for present and future humanitarian needs.
GHTC highlights new technologies, world-class research, business models and social entrepreneurship initiatives that can help improve the livelihoods of under-privileged populations. Major topics include health, education, disaster relief, water and agriculture, and other humanitarian concerns.
“We had very strong paper submissions, both in numbers and quality, and the selection committee’s task was a difficult one,” 2014 GHTC Chair Catherine Nelson said. “I believe we have a commendable blend of early research and on-the-ground experiences being presented.”
By attending, you can:
* Participate in an extensive & innovative technical program
* Learn from world-class practitioners working in the field
* Exchange information, share experiences & network with actively involved attendees
* Gain visibility & recognition for your humanitarian work & projects
* Find new resources, ideas & potential partners or investors
To register, go to http://www.ieeeghtc.org/registration/
See the conference program at http://www.ieeeghtc.org/event/
Keynote speakers include:
* Anil Gupta, professor, Indian Institute of Management, and coordinator of the Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions
* Camille Crittenden, deputy director of the University of California Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society
* Meg Worth and Allyson Cote, co-founders of Maternova, a start-up company dedicated to improving maternal and newborn health
For more on the keynote and other featured speakers, see http://www.ieeeghtc.org/event/keynote-speakers-2014/